Leila, Lady of the Mediterranean
Collection titleI remember...
First broadcast date03/21/2012
AbstractThe film recounts the memories of Leila, born in 1958 in France, from Algerian parents. The school and education have been particularly important to her, and so, the film traces her early years at school, the obstacles she faced and the discrimination she suffered from, until her position as a teacher. Leila was able to escape poverty through education, and her desire to give others the opportunity to succeed led her to teach. Throughout the places that have a special significance to her, the viewer discovers (or rediscovers) Marseille and where she was able to live.
- Satis - Own production
- Yahiaoui-Tadros Leïla
Primary themeEducation, teaching
- Society and way of life / Women
- Society and way of life / Family and related
- Society and way of life / Festivals and traditions
- Society and way of life / Public areas and social issues
- Society and way of life / Migrations
Credits / Cast
- Rigal Fanny - Director
- Calvet Florent - Director
- Perez Gaëlle - Composer of original music
Period of events
- France - South East - Marseille
Media running time5m12
Similar content by :
Bibliotheca Alexandrina (EG)02/23/2008 - 14m41s
Cairo's university ; ...
Cairo's university ; Second part
Bibliotheca Alexandrina (EG)02/23/2008 - 34m18s
The brotherhood of Es...
The brotherhood of Es Sanousiya
EPTV (DZ)03/09/2007 - 2m58s
Algiers school of fin...
Algiers school of fine arts
EPTV (DZ)03/12/1971 - 23m15s
page 1 of 13
View 1 - 4 of 49