History (part 2)
First broadcast date10/29/1976
AbstractIn half an hour, Fernand Braudel takes us from the Ottoman success of 1453, which makes of Byzantium a Muslim Constantinople, to the post-colonial socialist Algeria of Boumedienne, staged in the farming village of Belghimouz! Robert Mantran recalls the trap of Lepanto and the Gulf of Corinth against the Turkish fleet of Ali Pasha, in the sixteenth century, last east-west confrontation of the Mediterranean world. With the emergence of the industrial world, then of colonialism, the European and American powers place their pawns in the Mediterranean: Gibraltar, Cyprus, Algeria, Suez, the Middle East are the places of the contemporary crisis.
- ORTF - Coproduction
- RAI - Coproduction
- Europe 1 (EUR1) - Coproduction
BroadcasterFTV - F3
- Mehmet II
Primary themeOttoman Empire
- Contemporary historical challenges 19th-20th c.
- Economy / Agriculture, breeding
- Economy / Roads and transports
- Society and way of life / Women
Credits / Cast
- Vilarbedo Carlos - Director
- Aymard Maurice - Participant
Period of events
- From 1000 to 1500
- Turkey - Marmara Province - Istanbul
- Greece - South - Gulf of Corinth
- Algeria - Kabylie - Belghimouz
Media running time24m49
Similar content by :
Mohamed Ali Pasha, Vi...
Mohamed Ali Pasha, Viceroy of Egypt
Bibliotheca Alexandrina (EG)11/15/2005 - 4m29s
Dar Aziza (Aziza's Ho...
Dar Aziza (Aziza's House)
EPTV (DZ)06/28/2001 - 21m52s
EPTV (DZ)10/01/1979 - 25m49s
EPTV (DZ)02/25/2006 - 27m56s
page 1 of 3
View 1 - 4 of 10