Zarzis district: spirit of coexistence and tolerance
Collection titleReligious tolerance in Tunisia
First broadcast date01/17/2012
AbstractThe town of Zarzis is located in the southeast of Tunisia, 540 km from Tunis, the capital city. The island of Zarzis, circled by the Mediterranean sea in the south, north and east, spreads on a large track of land on the Jafara Al-Kebir plateau, in the west. This program takes us on a tour to Zarzis district, where Jewish and Muslim people live and cohabit in harmony. Tunisian Jewish practice farming, along with various occupations, such as jewellery and sewing.
- Tunisian TV - Own production
BroadcasterTélévision Tunisienne - Télévision Tunisienne 1
- Oum El-Khir Hachad
- Contemporary historical challenges 19th-20th c.
- Society and way of life
- Historical heritages / Judaism
- Historical heritages / Arab and muslim worlds
- Society and way of life / Festivals and traditions
- Society and way of life / Migrations
Credits / Cast
- Al-Tarchouni Abd El-Haq - Producer
Period of events
- Tunisia - Chotts and desert - Zarzis- Southeast
Media running time20m7
Similar content by :
SOREAD-2M (MA)01/23/2002 - 31m36s
Audiovisual archives ...
Audiovisual archives in the digital era
Bibliotheca Alexandrina (EG)06/20/2007 - 8m9s
The digitalization of...
The digitalization of the audiovisual fund
Bibliotheca Alexandrina (EG)06/19/2007 - 11m31s
The importance of the...
The importance of the audiovisuel heritage 's safeguard
Bibliotheca Alexandrina (EG)06/19/2007 - 3m59s
page 1 of 13
View 1 - 4 of 52