Collection titleCultural Heritage
First broadcast date2010
AbstractThe Rector's palace was the seat of the government and residence of the Prince (Rector) of the Dubrovnik Republic. According to records dating from the 13th century, a castellum surrounded by four corner towers was once located on the site on which the Rector's Palace is to be found today. The reconstruction of the fortress into the palace took place in the 14th century. The ground floor of the Palace housed the state offices, the notary's office, the law court, and the jail. The old armoury and the Small Council hall were situated on the mezzanine floor of the southern wing. The eastern wing of the mezzanine floor housed the court guard. A large flight of stairs lead from the atrium to the Great Council hall (pulled down in 1863), whose door bore the inscription "Obliti Privatorum - Publica Curata" (forget private affairs - look after the public causes).
- HRT - Own production
Audiovisual formEducational programme
- Tourism and cultural sites / Urbanism and cities
- Tourism and cultural sites / Tourist sites
Period of events
- From 1000 to 1500
- Croatia - Dalmatia - Dubrovnik
Media running time15m10
Similar content by :
From M'hamid to Ouaza...
From M'hamid to Ouazazate
SOREAD-2M (MA)10/31/1995 - 5m26s
El Mokri palace
El Mokri palace
SOREAD-2M (MA)01/28/2008 - 2m21s
Essaouira, the Mogado...
Essaouira, the Mogador’s coronation
SOREAD-2M (MA)03/31/2008 - 16m16s
From Mezouga to Dades...
From Mezouga to Dades valley
SOREAD-2M (MA)11/07/1995 - 8m18s
page 1 of 24
View 1 - 4 of 94