Manifacture of Sidi-Bousaid cages
First broadcast date03/14/2010
AbstractThe episode presents the different steps to manifacture Sidi- Bou-said cages. Sidi Bou-said is a tourist suburb located 20 km North-east Tunis, on a high rocky slope overlooking Karthage and the Bay of Tunis. It was founded in the Middle Ages and is considered the first protected site in the world. It is known for its typical architecture, its white houses with old blue doors. It is named after the patron Abu Said Al Badji who lived in the same period as Sheikh Abi Hussein El Shadli, and is buried in the suburb of the city. Sidi-Bou-said is also famous for its white and blue cages. One can see them hanged on every window of every house in the city. Some are used for birds and small sizes are sold to tourists, it is a trade mark of Tunisian tourism.
- Tunisian TV - Own production
BroadcasterTélévision Tunisienne - Tunis 2
- Al Kattani Ilhem
- Art, Culture and Knowledge / Fine arts
- Tourism and cultural sites / Museum
- Tourism and cultural sites / Tourist sites
- Economy / Markets and crafts
- Society and way of life / Public areas and social issues
- Tourism and cultural sites / Urbanism and cities / Capitals
Credits / Cast
- Al-Kattani Ilhem - Speaker
- Al Debabi Mustapha - Producer
Period of events
- Tunisia - North - Sidi-Bousaid
Media running time11m22
Similar content by :
Major projects for gr...
Major projects for growth: the change thanks to the opening
SOREAD-2M (MA)07/27/2009 - 5m0s
Cork in Algeria
Cork in Algeria
EPTV (DZ)05/31/1973 - 22m59s
Deglet Nour: produc...
Deglet Nour: production and export
EPTV (DZ)09/06/1995 - 25m24s
International Fair of...
International Fair of Algiers
EPTV (DZ)06/12/2009 - 14m49s
page 1 of 17
View 1 - 4 of 65